The pricing and limited supply of COVID-19 antivirals such as Remdesivir and Favipiravir may make them difficult or impossible for some people and countries to access. Roger Seheult, MD of https://www.medcram.com
discusses recent articles that highlight the limited supply of certain COVID 19 medications and interesting vaccine developments. Coronavirus infection data from several countries and states (Brazil, India, Russia, Arizona, California, Florida, Texas) is also reviewed (This video was recorded July 1, 2020).
THE MEDCRAM WEBSITE:
Visit us for videos on over 60 medical topics and CME / CEs for medical professionals: https://www.medcram.com
SUBSCRIBE TO THE MEDCRAM YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
Get notified of new videos by hitting the bell icon:
LINKS / REFERENCES:
COVID-19 Age Calculator | https://profile.covid-age.com/calculator
JAMA | https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2767751
WSJ | https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-drug-remdesivir-to-cost-3-120-for-typical-patient-11593428402
HHS Gov | https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/06/29/trump-administration-secures-new-supplies-remdesivir-united-states.html
Medscape | https://www.medscape.com/answers/2500122-197485/what-is-the-status-of-the-antiviral-drug-favipiravir-in-the-treatment-of-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
CBC Article | https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/covid-vaccine-approved-military-use-china-1.5630947
CNBC Article | https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/03/gilead-ceo-says-remdesivir-available-to-coronavirus-patients-this-week-weve-donated-the-entire-supply.html
Worldometer | https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
PREVIOUS COVID-19 UPDATES:
Please visit MedCram.com for the full series:
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 90: Assess The Quality of COVID-19 Info With A Validated Research Tool https://youtu.be/u9fFfO5AgQE
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 89: COVID 19 Infections Rising in Many States; Dexamethasone Cautions https://youtu.be/VMTQ6qNXVlw
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 88: Dexamethasone History & Mortality Benefit Data Released From UK https://youtu.be/phN0enMN_RE
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 87: More on Dexamethasone; Do COVID-19 antibodies last? https://youtu.be/5i3uHmPv9TE
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 86: COVID-19 Testing & Cases Increasing but Daily Deaths Decreasing https://youtu.be/blG0xOyVXlo
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 85: Dexamethasone and Key Questions to Ask if in The Hospital (Part 2) https://youtu.be/ie5Oi8m_Rlo
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 84: Key Questions to Ask if in the Hospital for COVID-19 (Part 1 of 2) https://youtu.be/kQr-OLA8xdM
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 83: High Fructose, Vitamin D, & Oxidative Stress in COVID-19 https://youtu.be/a4zfWkvbBaw
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 82: Racial Disparities with COVID-19 & Vitamin D https://youtu.be/bDt6ca2WF3Y
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 81: New Data on Hydroxychloroquine Side Effects & Prevention of COVID-19 https://youtu.be/o5w7FiDJe1g
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 80: COVID-19 Retractions & Data (Hydroxychloroquine, ACE Inhibitors) https://youtu.be/KS-mHOtXX84
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 79: COVID-19 Vaccines to Keep an Eye On - mRNA, Antigen, Others: https://youtu.be/-dYWZMx-Lfs
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 78: Mask Controversy; Vaccine Update for COVID-19 https://youtu.be/_IrYyhufDwI
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 77: Remdesivir Update; COVID-19 in Mexico https://youtu.be/LXtY_3A0WN8
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 76: Antibody Testing False Positives in COVID-19 https://youtu.be/NSRK41UbTEU
All coronavirus updates are at MedCram.com (including the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, vaccine developments, dexamethasone, remdesivir, coronavirus misinformation, infodemic, peer-reviewed research, and more).
We offer many other medical topics (ECG Interpretation, thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, myocardial infarction, hypertension, anticoagulation, DKA, acute kidney injury, influenza, measles, mechanical ventilation, etc.) at our website.
MEDCRAM WORKS WITH MEDICAL PROGRAMS AND HOSPITALS:
MedCram offers group discounts for students and a variety of medical programs, hospitals, and other institutions. Contact us at [email protected]
if you are interested.
Roger Seheult, MD
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
Associate Professor at the University of California, Riverside School of Medicine
Media Contact: [email protected]
Media contact info: https://www.medcram.com/pages/media-contact
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
MedCram medical videos are for medical education and exam preparation, and NOT intended to replace recommendations from your doctor.
#COVID19 #SARSCoV2 #FOAMed